Monday, August 6, 2007

Self Betrayal

My blog name is drastic hypothesis, and that is a route i always take. Iam a thinker and I love contemplating things because I love decision making, and that is how i end most thoughts! I love making sharp decisions, drastic ones; I feel overwhelmed by my own assertiveness!!

Lately I noticed something about a matter I have done so many times. I have blocked certain people out of my life, completely shutting them down. The fact that I travelled alot and in those countries I made bonds and then often left, helped! I've done so with people living with me in the same country as well. My last shut down operation shocked me. Co-incidently I was reading a book called BONDS THAT MAKE US FREE, and that book tackled many issues including self betrayal. I'm currently trying to squeeze the thoughts out of my head, because the drastic decisions that I make usually mean (or give my brain a signal) to trash the matters that led to it completely. That is exactly why I like walking away better when confrontation would mean that I would stand lost for words because I chose to trash my reasoning and just keep the final decision i.e. walk away! Obviously this would make me look incredelous infront of the other person..sooooooo i walk away!
The book I mentioned above made me itch with a desire to walk away the right way. That being (another drastic derivation) allowing the other person to consent to the result, and not just UP N LEAVE!! I thought about doing so with that last person I walked away from, because he surprisingly attemped to make things better in his own little weird way. After much thought I decided not to, its easier to juuuust walk away.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi DH..

Welcome to the Sudanese blogsphere. Interesting piece you wrote that wanted to make me think, but ehh, it's late at night n my brain is getting ready to sleep.. so i'll postpond that for a while..

I agree with u, sometimes it's much easy to walk away, but judging from ur intro and being someone who likes taking those drastic decisions, i would have thought that u fougt ur battles to the end and not just walk away when u have the upper hand.

don't u think?

the sudanese returnee
http://sudanreturnee.wordpress.com/

Scormnio said...

Hi!
I hope ur add on ur point whenever ur brain is in a much sober state!
for now let me just say that its true that I don't fight all my battles till the end. I have this IS IT WORTH IT kind of thinkin! and in so many ways its IS HE/SHE worth my time and energy!? Some people I can easily let go rather than sit and talk about it to get to a common ground of understanding! I know it sounds aweful but its really how I live and handle bonds!